By Michael Lynch
Give your scholars the simplest likelihood of luck with this attempted and proven sequence, combining in-depth research, attractive narrative and accessibility. entry to heritage is the most well-liked, depended on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level historical past students.
- helps the content material and evaluate requisites of the 2015 A-level historical past specifications
- includes authoritative and fascinating content
- contains thought-provoking key debates that research the opposing perspectives and techniques of historians
- offers exam-style questions and assistance for every proper specification to assist scholars know the way to use what they've got learnt
This identify is appropriate for various classes including:
- AQA: Wars and Welfare: Britain in Transition, 1906-1957
- OCR: Britain 1900-1951
Read or Download Access to History: Britain 1900-57 Second Edition PDF
Best uk history books
Eu imperialism used to be terribly far-reaching: a key worldwide old means of the final 500 years. It locked disparate human societies jointly over a much wider sector than any earlier imperial growth; it underpinned the repopulation of the Americas and Australasia; it used to be the precursor of globalization as we now know it.
Colin Palmer, one of many most efficient chroniclers of twentieth-century British and U. S. imperialism within the Caribbean, the following tells the tale of British Guiana's fight for independence. on the middle of the tale is Cheddi Jagan, who was once the colony's first prime following the establishment of common grownup suffrage in 1953.
This narrative describes Thatcher's upward thrust from the depths of her Priministership to a spot in sleek heritage. Her support got here mostly from The Corps of The Royal Marines.
What does it suggest to reside within the smooth global? How assorted is that international from those who preceded it, and while did we develop into smooth? In far away Strangers, James Vernon argues that the area used to be made sleek no longer by way of revolution, industrialization, or the Enlightenment. as a substitute, he exhibits how in Britain, a spot lengthy held to be the crucible of modernity, a brand new and enormously glossy social emerged via the center of the 19th century.
- Aldershot in the Great War: The Home of the British Army (Your Towns & Cities in the Great War)
- Dark Valleys: Foul Deeds Among the South Wales Valleys 1845 - 2016
- Streetlife in Late Victorian London: The Constable and the Crowd
Additional info for Access to History: Britain 1900-57 Second Edition
Access to History: Britain 1900-57 Second Edition by Michael Lynch